Friday, June 15, 2012

Novena for Marriages

Thank you all so much for your participation in our last Novena!  It was a great success and a wonderful spiritual movement for our group.  Praying Novenas is the spiritual direction our group has moved into.  As always caring for the spiritual development of our children is our first vocation, but living this example for them serves as a teaching method.

I'll update you all soon on any progress from our first Novena.  I'm hopeful for some new babies on the way. (Not my own yet mind you!)

As I did last time I will post a daily audio of the Novena for you to follow along and pray with me.  Due to poor planning however on my part, I have not yet made those. (For those of you who'd like to print the Novena the image below contains a link to the Novena.)  Go figure right life got in the way?! We are actually beginning the prayer today in honor of the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.  The Litany at the end of this Novena mentions the Sacred Heart so we found it appropriate to start today. 

There were a few patrons we could have selected for this, however St. Rita seemed to speak to me.  One of the causes we are praying for are very broken marriages.  St. Rita of Cascia is a patron of Battered Wives, Widowed and the Hopeless.  I'm sure marriages in sever distress can seem hopeless.  While praying this please think of Severely Broken Marriages, Stressed Marriages, Marriages of Different Faiths, and Healthy Marriages.  Since all marriages are important to pray for and strengthen we're including all married people.


This image in the link to the Novena

We've chosen not to list specific marriages this time in order to include individuals we're concerned about, but don't wish to upset.  However if you'd like specifics included in our weekly intentions when we gather please email myself of Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment