Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Prepping for 40 Bags in 40 Days

Its that time of year again.  I wonder if this pregnancy has been keeping me sick just long enough for my house to be a total disaster right before I start this challenge. Perhaps this is the type of task to get my lazy bum off the pity party I'm having for my stomach not agreeing with me after every meal. Just means the baby is doing well. Right?

Well in looking up what others do for their 40 Bag challenge I found a site that seems to have begun this tradition.  There are several wonderful quote and ideas.  So please take the time to look it over and plan your own.  Simply Catholic

Over the next several days I'll be cementing my own plan and posting it here for you to follow along.  My own advice from last year is to think rationally about the time commitment! All of us are busy, all of us don't want to feel burdened by yet another task to complete this Lent.  The rooms that will take more than simply a day I plan for several.  Frankly, my basement gets a week and so does my garage.  Nic's room will probably get a day and so will Amelia's, but my closet could get its very own day.  Look on Pinterest for those of you in need of some organizational inspiration.  I have what I think is a great board organization tips. I'm not sure if this link will work if you're not currently following me (I've never tried) but here it is. Organization 

Oh and don't forget about your car.  One tip I read and followed through with was the clean my car on day one.  This enabled me to take the bag directly out of the house and place it in my car the day I completed it.  I'd go once a week to  the Union Gospel Mission and donate my items.  Maybe we could all be the Catholic invasion into their great  charity. I like the people I've dealt with there, and frankly its just an easy drop off location for me.  I go to the one on Sprague west of Pines.

So to finish this introduction I'll finish with how I began last year's challenge:


“Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.” Thomas Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment